1. The Competition is open to professional pianists of all nationalities who were born before 30 April 1998 and after 30 April 1985.
2. Test pieces must be played from memory, with the exception of the specially commissioned compulsory piece which is to be performed in the semi-finals.
3. The order of the performance will be determined by ballot.
4. Competitors who are not available to perform when called upon to do so by the Jury may be disqualified.
5. The decisions of the Jury will be final and beyond appeal.
6. The Jury may award or withhold any prize as deemed fit.
7. The First Prize cannot be tied.
8. Rights to any Competition performance whether broadcast, televised, recorded or filmed belong to the Competition. No fee is payable on account of these performances or any recordings, broadcasts or transmissions of them.
Twenty Four competitors will be admitted to the Second Round.
Twelve competitors will be admitted to the Semi-finals.
Four competitors will be admitted to the Finals.
The Jury reserves the right to alter these numbers at its discretion.
The Repertoire must have been written for solo piano and no alteration to the piano may take place. Strict adherence to time limits must be observed, and no piece may be played twice in the Competition.
Up to five places will be reserved for Irish competitors. Selection for these places will be made by Competition which will be held on the 20th December 2014. Application Forms are available from the Competition office, and on this web site.